Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spoof Text :A Smart Girl


When I was a little, I used to curious with anything about cooking. One day my beloved grand mother came. She was an expert cooker that made me think I could learn how to make a bowl of chicken soup from her. So I asked for help to her. She looked worried about me because I used to make a chaos whenever in the kitchen. I told her not to worry about me, I will be careful and kept the kitchen clean also would not make any chaos. I promised her and she believed. I felt relief.
              Then she told me about the ingredients needed. I prepared the things she mentioned. When everything was ready, she started to teach me how to make chicken soup. First was about putting vegetables in boiled water, then adding pieces of chicken, and so on. Because it would take a little bit long to wait the soup cooked, she left me for a while to watch TV. She turned the TV in a loud volume. I was alone in the kitchen and a few minutes later my grandma mentioned this unusual step. She told me to put Molto, a brand of cloth fragrance to the soup. I was startled, and said “Grandma, are you kidding me? Molto you said?” she answered “ Yeah, what’s the matter with that? It will make it tastes good, you know” I was so confused with this, since when Molto can be added in food?  Didn’t it will make us be poisoned? Then once again I asked her “Grandma, are you sure about this? Molto?” she answered in a little bit angry voice “just do what I said, I’m the expert.” Worried about making her angry, I did what she said, putting Molto into the soup.
              The soup was cooked, I served it in a large bowl then called her to observe my masterpiece. First she looked satisfied because I served it nicely, seemed like it would be delicious. Then I felt something strange in her face. Her nose whiffed near the soup. She asked me “Why do I smell perfume in this soup? What did you add?” then I answered fretfully “Molto, you told me to add Molto so I did, then what?” She was shocked, her eyes looked bigger than before. She said “ I told you to add Motto (a kind of MSG) not Molto. Oh my God, I was shocked too.


I think I need to see the doctor consulting about my ears. Oh no, but I think it was her fault to turn on the TV in a loud volume. Shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TRANSLATION WORKSHOP (Indonesian-English) Exercise 4-Text of Linguistics Kata linguistik berasal dari bahasa latin lingua yang be...